Gone are the days when people used to go to malls and shop offline. With the birth of the internet, everything has changed for its betterment. Nowadays, one can shop online sitting at the comfort of their homes. All they need is an internet connection. The trust and dependency of people on the internet are used by digital marketers to benefit their purpose. Previously, the internet was only a source of communication and getting information. But, now the times have changed. Marketers have made the internet their weapon to promote their brands and to sell their products.Gone are the days when people used to go to malls and shop offline. With the birth of the internet, everything has changed for its betterment. Nowadays, one can shop online sitting at the comfort of their homes. All they need is an internet connection. The trust and dependency of people on the internet are used by digital marketers to benefit their purpose. Previously, the internet was only a source of communication and getting information. But, now the times have changed. Marketers have made the internet their weapon to promote their brands and to sell their products.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing is a broad term to use. It includes all the techniques and strategies used for online marketing. Businesses use digital marketing to promote their brands and products and to grab the attention of the consumers. It is a fairly new concept but an effective one. Proper use of digital marketing can take your business to new levels of success. All you have to do is think differently and come up with innovative ideas to promote your products which require some serious brainstorming.
Most of us may think that digital marketing refers to only one particular type of marketing. This is where you go wrong. Digital Marketing can be of various types.
Types of Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing is a collaboration of all forms of marketing and operating through various electronic devices. Let’s have a glance through the different types of digital marketing:
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO): This is the most common type of digital marketing used. SEO helps to increase the visibility of your website on various search engines. It involves various techniques like to blogging, link building, on-site technical analysis and content creation.
- Pay per Click (PPC): It is popularly known as paid search. This process involves the placement of paid adverts on the right or above of your organic search results. The cost will be based on the competitiveness of the keyword that you are bidding on.
- Social Media: This is all about promoting and maintaining your brand image on popular social networking platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and many others.
- Online Advertising: This refers to the advertisement of your product on other websites. Marketers buy a banner space on any famous website and pay the site owner for the same.
- Email Marketing: Email marketing is one of the oldest forms of digital marketing. It involves the delivery of targeted or personalized messages to the consumers at the right time. For example, brands like Flipkart, Amazon, etc. deliver emails to promote their products.
- Content Marketing: This kind of digital marketing use the art of storytelling to increase brand awareness and leave an impression on the minds of the targeted customers. It aims to build relationships with the customers rather than increasing the sales.
If you are planning your digital marketing strategy, make sure you keep these 6 types of digital marketing on your mind. Plan your strategy depending on the type you choose because each type has its own pros and cons.
Digital Marketing in Singapore
There are various reasons as to why the number of a digital agency in Singapore is increasing day by day. With a population of 5.26 million people, Singapore is called the hub of digital marketing. Singapore is known to have one of the finest internet infrastructures in the world. The internet speed in Singapore is 38mb per second. With such a fine infrastructure, it makes Singapore ideal for digital marketers who are in the quest of a South Asian country.
More than 90% of Singapore’s population is dependent on the internet and use popular social networks and other sites on a daily basis. This increases the scope of online marketing and makes digital marketing agency in Singapore as one of the most profitable and famous sectors. The marketing agencies in Singapore have more scope than other international agencies outside Singapore. Therefore, the international agencies are readily coming in to make most this readymade online market. In South Asia half of the online retail that takes place is because of Singapore alone. Now, can you imagine the power of digital marketing in Singapore?
Digital Marketing in Singapore has surely come a long way, and in the near future, it is sure to attract more businesses as well. The day is not far when Singapore will be the leading country in terms of digital marketing in the world.